Saturday, May 2, 2009

Ghetto Vest

Last night at 10:30 Katie informed me that she left her favorite sweatshirt at the park yesterday. We had to go back there this morning in the torrential rain and look for it at the top of the three story play structure. The wind was howling and blowing our umbrellas away while we hiked the squishy, grassy hills. I totally slipped on the way down and landed hard on my back and slid. It super sucked. And I was soaked to the bone.

The sweatshirt wasn't where she left it, so we hiked back up the hill and over to the swings. (This is a MASSIVE park, and all the way east up onto the side of the mountain. You can see all of UT County from the 3rd floor of the play structure. It's awesome). It also wasn't at the swings, so we started the trek back to the car. Katie saw something down another hill in the distance and thought it might be her sweatshirt. I told her I was sure it was just some trash but she insisted. I hiked down that hill as well, and low and behold, it was her sweatshirt. Unfortunately, someone had RIPPED THE SLEEVES OFF!! I turned around to tell her she was right, she was totally proud of herself...then I gave her the bad news about the sleeves. He face literally fell, then she turned around and marched back to the car, sobbing the whole way. She was so distraught that someone would do that to her "favorite, special sweatshirt". She won't let me throw it out for some reason. I think she wants to hold on to it as a memento of the world's injustice.

3 comments:

Kaerlig said...

How's your back?

Poor you and poor Katie. It was so rainy and cold yesterday.

LTD in Las Vegas said...

I wish it were still cold here...hitting 90 today. Sorry Katie for your loss...I would expect that in a Vegas park but not yours. I guess afterdark teenagers roam everywhere (0:

Shenay said...

That stinks! I hope Katie ends up liking her new sleeveless sweatshirt. Tell her she can be a trendsetter and start a new fashion movement. Em, you're a good mom for helping her find it despite the yucky weather.