Monday, September 1, 2008

Not yet...

Something very uncool has happened over the last few weeks. I've found and pulled out of my head about 40 gray hairs. I know all you dark headed women are saying, "Cry me a river." And it's not the confirmation of being old that bugs me. I accept that. It's just that having blond hair made me think that somehow gray hairs wouldn't show up so much. These buddies weren't just ultra-light, been at the beach all summer blond ones. They are full-on WHITE! Completely devoid of pigment. And I refuse to start the arduous task of coloring or highlighting. I'll just pluck them. Good thing I have hair to spare.

2 comments:

Kaerlig said...

Interesting. Did you actually count 40? Every so often I sprout a narly gray hair. But it's weird because it will appear virtually from one day to the next and it stands up and it's only 2 inches long and it's grisly. I love to pull it. But I'm getting the heebie jeebies thinking about it.

Vicki said...

Remember when you argued with me about me seeing your first gray hair from about 5 feet away? It happens to us all, even the blonds.